Summer, to me, is all about making memories – road trips, beach vacay, pool parties, endless nights and so much more. But the one thing I hate about the season is the rise in temps. I love a good sweat, alright… from a good workout that is. What I hate is when my jewelry and clothing stick to the skin and my makeup melts. Ugh. So when Blushington Dallas invited me in to learn some summer makeup tricks and get me all dolled up, naturally I said yes. I mean, who would say no to getting pampered, right?
It was my second time at Blushington Dallas but my first wasn’t a full makeup service. I had a photoshoot for the Tootsies Dallas Top Blogger and Blushington did my eyes, lips and cheeks. I came in with foundation on. So on my second visit, it was a full makeup service and I couldn’t be more than thrilled! The place itself makes me feel like a princess. Just look at Blushington’s interior!
So to give you a glimpse of my “before” self, that’s me above on the right without makeup. Zeny was my makeup artist that day and I have to say she did a wonderful job. No, make that AHH-mazing! So as she worked on my summer look, she gave me some pointers and I’m sharing them below.
Summer Makeup Tricks with Blushington Dallas
- Use a primer before everything else to keep your makeup in tact. I personally use this oil-free one.
- Speaking of oil-free, to keep your makeup from melting, use water-proof products. So even if you sweat, your makeup won’t go AWOL. Even the lip cream/lip gloss she used on me was water-proof.
- Finish off with a setting powder. This helps your foundation stay longer. I use this.
- Finally, use a makeup setting spray. It’s like a mist you spray on your face after you’re done with your makeup. I personally use this one from UD. But this one is for oil-control.
- And when all else fails, book an appointment with Blushington instead. When you’ve got parties and important events and you want to look REALLY good, going to a professional is the way to go. Once you try it out, you’re never going back. Who wants uneven eyeshadow or melting makeup at an important occasion anyway? Not me.
I asked her to lay out all the products she used on me. So don’t be overwhelmed. The table was pretty clean and clutter-free. They keep their makeup in its place right after use. Just wanted to show you some of the products she used, including Stila, Kevyn Aucoin, and Becca.
Thank you Blushington Dallas for this Summer beauty look and for sharing some Summer makeup tricks. Blushington currently has 2 locations in California and 1 in Texas. The Dallas location is located at 4218 Oak Lawn Avenue. You can book online or call (214) 521-9200 to make an appointment. Please check them out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with news and promos.