Special Education Awareness Week

My dear friend has informed me that this week is Special Education Awareness Week. In fact, we are putting this in our Facebook Status to spread the word…

People need to understand that children with special needs don’t have an illness, so there is no cure & it’s not contagious. They only want what we all want, to be accepted. 93% of you probably won’t copy and paste this. Will you be in the 7% that will and leave it on your status for at least an hour? It’s Special Education Awareness week.

You too can… by putting this up in your status, you are helping us and the rest of the children that has special needs spread the word. And to further spread awareness on children with special needs such as Down Syndrome, my lovely friend would like to share her cute son’s birthday AVP that they have showed on his birthday celebration last March 21st … which is also Down Syndrome Day.

Please take the time to watch this video to learn more about Down Syndrome. This will surely touch you in every way possible. I applaud my dear friend for getting out of her way to spread awareness on children with special needs. I hope that you do the same in your own little way by sharing this post and video to your family and friends as well. :) In fact, add this link: (http://myfashionjuice.com/2010/04/21/special-education-awareness-week/) to your Facebook status too so your family and friends can easily watch this video. Thank you!

13 comments

1. Marjorie says:

Hi,

May I ask permission to post this video on our website and the message of unconditional love of Marcus’ parents. I’m sure that many will be touched by this video just the way it did to me. Im writing for http://www.loqal.ph How do I embed this? Thanks

2. Kajari says:

Thanks for sharing this important piece of news. I have updated my status in facebook. Is there any website dedicated to this topic? I want to know more about how to contribute to this cause..

3. Lito and Leah Adriano says:

You guys are one of those beautiful couples that needs to develop this advocacy. This is why God gave you such a special and a cute Marcus. your effort of presenting such short video makes us think that you can help us in the Special Education Academe. watch out for series of invitation. “Everything got started in HIM and finds its purpose in HIM.” Colossians 1:16 {NIV}

Lito and Leah

4. Dawn says:

There is NO Special Education week. Perhaps there should be… However perpetuating a myth to further a cause isn’t really helping anything. How about awareness of diversity EVERY week?

5. annie says:

my name is annie and i have been working on a petition to make special education a “national” event. i have close to 5,000 names on one group and almost 2,000 on another… i have spoken to our state representative, congress and other places. i plan to have it marked on all calendars so that we can stop talking about it and have it set in place for when everyone would be aware of the dates and know what to do or expect. if you would like to add me as a friend on facebook, feel free and i will send you an invite. please put down on your friend request that it is for special education week. thanks! my facebook name is annie frantz-dunn thank you so much! :)

6. Reuben Rangitsch says:

Keep up the great piece of work, I read few blog posts on this website and I conceive that your site is really interesting and has got bands of great info.